Friday, March 25, 2011

CORN SOUP


Here is my simple corn soup, that comes to my rescue , when I am too lazy to cook, and when I feel I should have something light and healthy yet filling.

Ingredients
serves 2

1.5 cups corn
About 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
8 to 10 string beans
1 small carrot
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)

How to make it

Chop cabbage, carrot, and string beans into very small pieces.

Boil the corn in about 1-1/2 cups of water until the corn is soft. Remove 1/4 cup of corn and set aside.

Blend the rest of the corn into a paste and strain.

Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and set aside.

Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the carrot, cabbage, beans and cook the vegetables on medium heat until they are tender.

Next, add the corn paste, corn, cornstarch mixture, and 1 cup of water to the vegetables. Bring the soup to a boil and lower the heat to medium low. Let the soup cook for another five minutes.

I am always satisfied after a bowl of this. I know many of you there out are seasoned cooks, so all suggestions to make this better are welcome




No comments:

Post a Comment