Friday, May 13, 2011

NAVARATNA KURMA


I am not a big fan when sweet is mixed with masalas. I don't even try Kashmiri pulao and have a thought if I were to taste Navaratna Kurma. That's what set me thinking why can't I make it little spicy equaling the sweetness. I was glad that there were others too who thought just like me in the cooking blog-o-sphere. I had a dekko into the recipe from Edible Garden.

Ingredients
serves 2

2 cups of diced, mixed vegetables - carrot, beans, peas, cauliflower, capsicum and potato
A few cubes of paneer
10 cashew nuts and 10 raisins soaked in warm water, drained and ground to a paste
1 large onion, minced
2 tomato, quartered and pureed
3 green chillies slit in the middle
1" piece of ginger
4 garlic cloves
1 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
Salt to taste
3 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp fennel seeds

How to make it

Heat the butter or ghee in a kadai / pan.

Add minced onions and fry until pink and transparent.

Add the green chillies with the ginger and garlic to the onions. Fry for 30 seconds.

Add all the spice powders. Fry for a minute.

Add the pureed tomato

Mix well and let it cook about 4-5 mins.

Add milk.

Add the chopped vegetables. Mix well and cook covered for another 5 mins or so, until the vegetables are cooked, yet firm.

Add the cashew nut-raisin paste and mix well. Add salt and paneer cubes. Cook open for another 5 minutes until the gravy thickens and comes together.

Serve it with hot rotis

No comments:

Post a Comment