Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ALOO TIKKI


I like anything with potato. You have no idea how much I love potato. My second love is potato. The first is Chocolate...er..we are still talking about food :)

I had this burning desire to try these out after getting the recipe from the famous cooking blog edible garden. I din't follow it in the order given probably next time
I'l do it.

Ingredients
(serves 2)

2 medium potatoes, grated
A bunch of fresh coriander leaves, chopped ( I dint use it and used curry leaves instead)
1 tsp jeera / jeerakam
2 green chillies, chopped
1 generous pinch asafoetida / hing / perungayam
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 to 2 tbsp besan / bengal gram powder / kadala mavu
Salt to taste

How to make it

Grate the potatoes and add the other ingredients in.

Mix welll.

Make into flat patty shapes on palm of hand and shallow fry in a wide pan until golden brown on both sides.

Serve hot with ketchup, mint chutney.

Notes

I noticed that once the potato is grated and kept, it becomes very soggy. So, see to that you drain the water so that it becomes easy for you to make the flat shapes. The shape doesn't come if the mixture is soggy.

Besan is just for the grated ones to hold tight. The given amount is just an assumption.

I forgot to add onions. Why don't you try and tell me how it tasted?!

No comments:

Post a Comment