Wednesday, September 25, 2013

DOUBLE TOMATO BRUSCHETTA

I have never tasted Italian until I came to US. I wasn't impressed at first. But later, I realized Italian cuisine has a flair of its own. And now, Italian and Indian go side by side in my kitchen. 

I recently bought a jar of julienne cut sun dried tomatoes and a french baguette and wanted to use both. This recipe from allreceipes.com caught my attention. This is the usual Bruschetta with a twist..yes! the twist is the sun dried tomato.I made some changes to the recipe and it turned out yummy every single time. Let me know how it turned out for you :)

Ingredients
Makes 12 slices

2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon pesto sauce ( I din't have fresh basil)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 French baguette
A handul of shredded Mozzarella chesse

How to make it

- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.

- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and pesto sauce 

- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.

- Cut the baguette(for about 12 slices) into 3/4-inch slices 

- On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. 

- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.

- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slice with mozzarella cheese.

- Broil until the cheese is melted.

Take it out and enjoy.

1 comment: