Sunday, September 1, 2013

FETTUCCINE PASTA



This recipe is inspired by Carabba's Italian grill's Pasta Sostanza. Srik and I are big time foodies and we loved this entree. I wanted to try this for a very long time and of course I did some variations. Here is the recipe. Try it and let me know. I am sure it will be a hit.

Ingredients
serves 2

1 tablespoon olive oil (I used California estate oil by Trader joe's)
2 tsp of pine nuts
2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 whole tomatoes with juice, chopped
8 mushrooms, diced
1 can artichoke hearts, drained
1 tsp of pesto sauce(I used Trader joe's)
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

How to make it

- Boil Fettuccine(as needed) in salted water according to packaged instructions.

In a medium-sized saucepan, heat oil and add garlic, pine nuts and saute.


Add the chopped tomatoes stirring frequently. When its done, add the salt and pepper to taste.  Add pesto sauce and blend it with the tomato sauce.

- As pasta is cooking, add chopped mushrooms and chopped drained artichoke hearts. When done, drain pasta and add the cooked veggies mixing to sufficiently coat.Transfer to plate or pasta bowl.  Sprinkle Italian bread crumbs and 1 tsp of olive oil(optional) prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment