Thursday, May 22, 2014

AVOCADO PASTA (KID FRIENDLY)




Hey folks! Hope this week has been good so far. Its been good to me too. I have been into experimenting a lot of new recipes lately. One such is the Avocado Pasta recipe. This one is especially for kids. My toddler son likes variety for his lunch and thus the idea for this recipe. I used Orzo, a form of short-cut pasta. Any pasta should do fine but if your kiddo is choosy about a bigger size pasta, I strongly recommend to use this one. My son loved it. I hope yours will like it too.

Ingredients
makes 6-8oz

A handful of Orzo
1 small size Avocado
A handful of chopped carrots(or any veggie of your choice)
1 tsp of Olive oil
Salt to taste

How to make it

- Bring the water to a boil and put the uncooked pasta into it and cook according to package instructions. If you have time, I suggest to let it cook for 15-20mins. This would make the pasta softer and easier to chew. Add a tsp of oil to boiling pasta. This helps in not sticking together.

- Scoop out the Avocado and mash it nicely.

- Boil the chopped carrots in a separate pot or along with the pasta (or you can also sauté them)

- Drain the water and mix the cooked pasta, mashed avocados and carrots. Add salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment